The Kumu Art Museum is the headquarters and a branch of the Art Museum of Estonia (Museum of Estonia until 1928), which was built to be a multifunctional contemporary art museum and to also satisfy the need for conserving and exhibiting the world's largest collection of Estonian art, which is comprised of 60,000 works.
For the first time in its almost century-long history, the Art Museum of Estonia has a building that specifically conforms to the needs of a museum and is worthy of Estonian art. The international architectural competition, which was held in 1993–1994, was won by the Finnish architect Pekka Vapaavuori. The construction of the building was started in 2002. The opening ceremonies for the Kumu Art Museum were held on 17 February 2006 and attending by a large crowd of visitors. The doors were opened to the public on Saturday, 18 February at 11 am.
The former salt storage, where the Museum of Estonian Architecture is located today, is a grand limestone structure in Tallinn’s Rotermanni Quarter. This is the place for lovers of art and architecture. Here you’ll have the opportunity to get acquainted...
36 km from Tallinn there is a special place for celebrating special events - the Laitse Granite Villa.
On the ground floor of this historical building made of granite stone, there are a large hall and even a larger hall for different gatherings. U...
The Kadriorg Art Museum introduces, preserves and collects early foreign art – primarily western European and Russian paintings, graphic arts, sculpture and applied arts. The museum is located in Kadriorg Park in Tallinn, in a Baroque palace built by Ts...